Austin Dillon wins big at Texas
Austin Dillon captured his 3rd career win Sunday at Texas Motor Speedway. He drove his Bass Pro Shops #3 car to victory. He captured his ticket to the Playoffs by beating out his teammate Tyler Reddick in the restart with 2 laps to go. Denny Hamlin spun out with 6 to go to cause the nail-biter finish. Austin Dillon restarted on the bottom as he had in the past restarts. He led 22 laps in the race.
Note: Ryan Blaney won Stage 1 and 2.
Dillon has 3 career race wins. He won the 2017 Coca Cola 600 and the 2018 Daytona 500 before capturing the 2020 O'Riley Auto Parts 500 Sunday. He drives the #3 car for Richard Childress Racing. Fun Fact: Richard Childress is Austin Dillon's grandfather. His Crew Chief is Justin Alexander. Justin has been with Dillon for all his race wins. Austin Dillon has a good career ahead of him.
Toyota had another decent day. Hamlin, Bell, Suarez, and Hill had some problems with their cars. They had 2 top 10 finishes: Erik Jones: 6, Kyle Busch 4. The rest of their drivers finished in the 20s and 30s. More Technical Problems for their cars. Results for other Toyotas: Hamlin: 20, Bell: 21, Suarez: 23, Truex Jr.: 29, Hill: DNF: 36 Top 10: Driver Car Team
1. Austin Dillon #3 Bass Pro Shops RCR
2. Tyler Reddick #8 CAT RCR
3. Joey Logano #22 Pennzoil Penske
4. Kyle Busch #18 Interstate Batteries Joe Gibbs Racing
5. Kevin Harvick #4 Mobil 1 Stewart-Haas Racing
6. Erik Jones #20 Craftsman Joe Gibbs Racing
7. Ryan Blaney #12 Menards Penske
8. Kurt Busch #1 Monster Energy Chip Ganassi Racing
9. Brad Keselowski #2 Würth Penske
10. Aric Almirola #10 Smithfield Stewart-Haas Racing
THESE ARE THE CARS USED, BUT THE PHOTOS ARE FROM DIFFERENT TRACKS.